This newsletter has no copy-right.
Feel free to share it by forwarding it on or by printing it off.
During the school year we focus our ministry on university and college campuses. During the summer, however, we focus more on street and event preaching since the campuses have slowed down.
While this crowd was not a very large crowd, it was very unique. This was an event put on in the public square for the dignitaries, elected officials, business owners, executives, etc, of the community who had donated to a particular group. Even the major of the town came out to give a little speech.
It was a good opportunity for me to be able to speak to a crowd that I normally do not get to speak to. Most of our ministry reaches college students and party-goers, but this was a chance to reach a different type of person with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I held my generic sign that says, “Trust Jesus. He shed His blood for you.” As a firm believer in the unlimited atonement of Jesus Christ, I have the blessing of being able to tell every sinner that I met on the street that Jesus Christ died for them and that they have an opportunity of being saved if they will just repent of their sins and believe the gospel.
My daughter insisted on holding and carrying my sign after she saw me preaching with it! It is very important for parents to set a good example for their children because they so eagerly imitate them!
In downtown Dallas there is a busy spot called “The West End.” It has a train station, a bus depot, restaurants, etc. I first preached there in 2004. It seems to be much busier now than it was then.
I found a good street corner to preach on that had lots of foot traffic. I decided to stay near the city street because the police have bothered me before in years past for being on “Dart property,” which is the company that does the transportation. However, I ran into some other street preachers down there who said they have been preaching down there for a little while without any problems from the police.
I stood on a chair wearing a sandwich board and preached the gospel loud enough for all to hear. I had various people come up and talk to me throughout the day. One man that I spoke with was visiting the United States from Columbia! That’s one of the great things about street preaching; you never know who you are going to reach! There was another young man who came and spoke with me who claimed to be a Satanist. Even the man riding on a big street cleaner stopped a few times to talk with me!
One young man approached me and asked me what this was all about. I explained to him the message and he told me that he was a believer who just recently converted to Christianity and started reading the Bible. He said that he has seen various street preachers down here before but that my sign really grabbed his attention and interest. I encouraged him in the Lord and then he went on his way.
FORT WORTH, TX
I was in Fort Worth for two nights to preach the gospel. Sundance Square still has a very popular nightlife. The nightlife is diverse because it is not merely a club district. There are also concerts, a comedy house, restaurants, etc. Young and old people venture out to the streets in this area for various reasons to enjoy the nightlife. This creates a great atmosphere for preaching because you can reach a diverse crowd.
Although I went out on this outreach by myself, I ran into some street preachers that I knew from years past. There were also some street preachers out in Sundance Square that I had never met. It appears that this has become a very popular location, not only for sinners but also for Christians. In fact, the street corner that I was preaching on apparently is normally occupied by another street preaching group. There are so many street preachers that there are not enough good street corners! That’s not necessarily a bad thing!
My family and I are purchasing our first home in the Tyler, Tx area. We have lived in this area on and off over the years and have always enjoyed East Texas. About an hour and a half west from Tyler is the Dallas area. That is where I’ve always gone for Friday and Saturday night outreaches. But an hour and a half east of Tyler is the city of Shreveport. Throughout all the years that I have been in this area, I had never made my way into Shreveport to check it out for street preaching spots. Through a simple search on the internet I was able to locate some casinos, bars, and clubs which looked promising as far as outreaches were concerned.
During the day I preached across the street from a casino called “Eldorado.” There was one particular cross walk that seemed to get a lot of foot traffic as people parked in the parking garage and had to cross the street there to go to the casino. I held my “God Hates Sin” banner and said things like, “You can’t spell casino without spelling the word sin.”
After about twenty five minutes of preaching on my bullhorn, a female security guard approached me and said I was on private property and needed to leave. She was very upset. I told her that I was on the city sidewalk but she insisted I was on private property. When I asked her where the private property ended, she told me to move back about five feet. I did that and she left me alone.
Five minutes later another man approached me who was also with the casino security. He also said that I was on private property and needed to leave. And he too was very angry. I insisted that I was on a city sidewalk and therefore didn’t have to leave and requested that he call the Police.
When the Police finally arrived, Officer Stafford agreed with the security that I was on their private property! He asked the man if he wanted to press charges! I said that I had no problem leaving if I was on private property, but that I wanted to know where the public property started. Officer Stafford arbitrarily pointed me to two blocks down. There were many other businesses, besides the casino, in between where I was and where he pointed me too. So I asked for his supervisor.
When his supervisor arrived, he said that I could be arrested for disturbing the peace because I was preaching outside of their business. He said that I needed to leave or be arrested. I asked him where I needed to go and he said that I needed to move one block down. That was one block closer than what Officer Stafford said. In fact, that was a location which Officer Stafford said was private property! I decided that since I wasn’t going to get anywhere with them, I’ll just move down a block.
I moved to where they said I could preach and was able to do so without any further disturbance from the Police. I did manage to get this entire situation filmed on video so all the evidence of their constitutional violations are recorded for legal purposes. I contacted the city engineer and the city traffic engineer to ask them if the sidewalks across the street from the casino were public or private. They both affirmed that the sidewalks were public! I have given my attorneys all the information that they need to file a lawsuit against the Shreveport Police Department and Eldorado Casino.
The nightlife of Shreveport was pretty active. It didn’t really pick up until about 11:00pm. The sidewalks were busy with people walking to and from various bars and clubs. Most of the party places are all in one particular neighborhood. For most of the night I stood up and preached on a wall with my banner. Many people wanted their picture taken with me and the sign. It was obvious that this city hasn’t seen a lot of street preaching like this. I also was able to stand right in front of a line of sinners waiting to get into a bar and preach the gospel. At one point there were five police officers on that same corner, but they acted like I wasn’t even there! That’s what I like! It looks like I won’t have any problems from the police in the future going back to the Shreveport nightlife to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ!
STREET PREACHING TO THE SHREVEPORT NIGHTLIFE
HOLINESS CRUSADE: God’s Call To Repentance (Full Length)
HOW YOU CAN HELP SUPPORT THE MORRELL FAMILY
The financial support we receive from the body of Christ makes it possible for us to continue to live and to travel and preach. All support from $5 -$500, either monthly or one-time, makes a huge difference. Will you consider being a monthly supporter, giving as little or as much as you can?
Paypal: Click Here
Jesse & Krista Morrell
134 Williamstown Ct,
Newington CT 06111
Special thanks in advance to our supporters.
THE BATTLE IS ON! We couldn’t do it without you!
|Visit Our Website: Click Here|
- 138,133 hits
Send Missionary Support
FREE FINNEY BOOK!
Shirts that Preach!
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book “Cleansing the Temple: A Call to Radical Christianity.”
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on Free Will & Human Nature
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on Human Nature
How to Open Air Preach!
How to Refute Atheism & Evolution – FREE BOOK
Beyond Augustine Church History Documentary DVD
Watch Open Air Preaching Videos
Watch Theology Teaching Videos
Subscribe to our Newsletters
Jesse Morrell’s Facebook
VISIT THE ONLINE BOOKSTORE
Click to Follow Jesse Morrell on Instagram!
- fb.me/2bDuKx65P 6 hours ago
- A man who knows the satisfaction and sufficiency of knowing Jesus Christ will clearly see the dissatisfaction and... fb.me/xiYTOkg8 7 hours ago
- The world was a better place when men used to be gentlemen and women were ladies. Gentlemen and ladies are a rare... fb.me/6Nsdf4NtW 12 hours ago
- fb.me/72IOrOl2B 12 hours ago
- ISIS is nothing compared to Planned Parenthood! 20 hours ago
- Why “Limited Atonement” is Heretical Doctrine & False Gospel by Jesse Morrell July 15, 2017
- How to Refute Calvinism! FREE BOOK! Objections to Calvinism As It Is Randolph S Foster | Arminian Methodist Theologian July 10, 2017
- Can You Answer This Question? July 6, 2017
- Proof that Open-Air Preaching is Changing Lives! Jesse Morrell Testimonies Video June 29, 2017
- Proof that Open Air Preaching is Changing the World! Jesse Morrell June 28, 2017
- Fast Growing Bible Theology Discussion / Debate Group on Facebook June 27, 2017
- This Book Will CHALLENGE Your Walk with God! Jesse Morrell June 4, 2017
- WHAT JESUS SAID ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY June 1, 2017
- Free Speech in a Barricade | Jesse Morrell @ Temple University May 17, 2017
- Counterfeit Christianity Exposed – Video Series by Jesse Morrell May 12, 2017
- I Couldn’t Believe the Campus Admin Was Doing This! Jesse Morrell Newsletter May 11, 2017
- Free Book on the Doctrine of Free Will | Jesse Morrell May 6, 2017
- 5 Keys to Living a Holy & Sin-Free Life! Jesse Morrell Sermon April 22, 2017
- False Doctrine of Limited Atonement Biblically Refuted by Jesse Morrell April 21, 2017
- What is a “Lifestyle Entrepreneur?” Christian Entrepreneur Facebook Group April 20, 2017
- How Risky is Being an Entrepreneur? Christian Entrepreneur Facebook Group April 20, 2017
- Enter to Win A Free Christian T-Shirt! Jesse Morrell April 13, 2017
- Soul Winner’s Seminar | Jesse Morrell Topeka Kansas | April 29th April 12, 2017
- Men Are Not Born Sinners | Babies Are Innocent | Philly Sermon by Jesse Morrell April 8, 2017
- Does Man Inherit A Sinful Nature by Jesse Morrell | FREE E-BOOK April 8, 2017
- Snowflake Bill O’reilly Attacks Christian Free Speech on Campus | Safe Space Debate over Jed Smock April 8, 2017
- A Few Street Preachers Cause Big Uproar Downtown Philly | Jesse Morrell April 5, 2017
- American Street Preachers Tag Team the Philippines!! Jesse Morrell & Mitch Metzger | Documentary March 30, 2017
- Street Preaching T-Shirts! Jesse Morrell March 29, 2017
- Street Preachers Crash “PizzaGate” | Jesse Morrell March 23, 2017
- 13 Golden Tips for Open-Air Preaching | Tactics for Soul Winners | Jesse Morrell March 23, 2017
- Souls Are Being Saved Through Street Preaching! Jesse Morrell February 28, 2017
- What Happens when Men of God Crash the D.C. Women’s March? Jesse Morrell February 20, 2017
- How to Preach to Hundreds of Thousands in a Single Day! The Trump Inauguration | Jesse Morrell February 6, 2017
- White Privilege in America? Jesse Morrell February 4, 2017
- Trump Inauguration Riots | DC Street Preaching Mission Trip | Jesse Morrell January 16, 2017
- How to use the Law in Evangelism the BIBLICAL Way – The REAL Way of the Master | Jesse Morrell January 14, 2017
- Jesus Saves Through Street Preaching! Jesse Morrell Sermon | Topeka Kansas January 12, 2017
- 3 Important Lessons for Street Preaching | Jesse Morrell January 4, 2017
- The Secret of Success In The Ministry of Charles G. Finney by Gordon C. Olson December 30, 2016
- Why I Celebrate Christmas | Jesse Morrell on the Good Things about Christmas December 25, 2016
- Merry Christmas! Get My Book Free! December 24, 2016
- 3 Life Changing Video Teachings! Jesse Morrell December 22, 2016
- 35% OFF OUR CLASSIC CHRISTIAN BOOKS! December 22, 2016
- I Hate The Doctrine of “Justification In Sin” or “Simul Justus Et Peccator” December 19, 2016
- Submit Your Street Preaching Stories for The Street Preacher Manual December 19, 2016
- Assaulted in Hawaii While Preaching | Jesse Morrell Ministry Report December 15, 2016
- New Video: Science Proves Free Will | Neuroplasticity & Epigenetics | Jesse Morrell December 8, 2016
- Refuting Atheists: “Talking Animals is FairyTales” | Christian Apologetics with Jesse Morrell December 6, 2016
- How To Refute Atheism & Evolution | FREE BOOK | by Jesse Morrell November 29, 2016
- 40% Off Classic Christian Books TODAY ONLY November 28, 2016
- I Need Your Help Writing a Book – The Street Preacher Manual! Jesse Morrell November 26, 2016
- Y.i.Street Preach | A Short Film by Jesse Morrell | Street Preaching Documentary November 23, 2016
- Debating “Saved By Grace” in the Open Air | Jesse Morrell Street Preacher November 21, 2016
- Motivational Posters for Street Preachers! Jesse Morrell Store November 18, 2016
- July 2017 (3)
- June 2017 (5)
- May 2017 (4)
- April 2017 (10)
- March 2017 (4)
- February 2017 (4)
- January 2017 (4)
- December 2016 (10)
- November 2016 (14)
- October 2016 (9)
- September 2016 (9)
- August 2016 (12)
- July 2016 (6)
- June 2016 (7)
- April 2016 (2)
- March 2016 (5)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- November 2015 (1)
- October 2015 (2)
- September 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (14)
- April 2015 (6)
- March 2015 (15)
- February 2015 (14)
- January 2015 (7)
- December 2014 (6)
- November 2014 (6)
- October 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (5)
- June 2014 (12)
- May 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (6)
- February 2014 (3)
- January 2014 (5)
- December 2013 (5)
- November 2013 (2)
- October 2013 (4)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (103)
- July 2013 (5)
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (5)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (4)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (6)
- November 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (1)
- April 2011 (3)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)
- October 2010 (1)
- September 2010 (2)
- May 2010 (1)
- Follow Open Air Outreach Newsletters – Open Air Preaching Since 2002 on WordPress.com