This newsletter has no copy-right.
Feel free to share it by forwarding it on or by printing it off.
UPDATE FROM THE ROAD
Since this semester began we have preached the gospel in nine different states (Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, Georgia, and Texas.) A full report on all those outreaches will be posted in the future. But I wanted to send out this quick report:
I had a sinner on campus pull a gun on me today. I found out his name is Kyle Douglas of Hawkins TX.
I was on Tyler Junior College preaching today with a group of brethren preaching the Word of God.
I noticed that there was a student who picked up one of our banners that was rolled up on the ground and started checking it out. When a brother confronted him he dropped it.
He then went and found my tripod on the ground and picked it up. When I confronted him he let it go.
At that point I noticed that my camera bag with my camera and microphone system was missing. I went and confronted him again and said, “Where did my camera go?” He grinned at me and said, “I don’t know.” At that point I said, “Did you take my camera? What’s in your back pack?”
At that point he shoved me and said, “You wanna go? Let’s go!” And he put his hands up to fist fight. Other students pulled him away.
After things calmed down a bit I put down the tripod I again confronted him and said, “Who took my camera?” But as I entered the crowd, other students began shoving me around like a ping bong ball! At that point, I already had my expensive camera stolen and was assaulted, now I was being shoved around by more people, so I was rather angry. I lifted up my hands in frustration and left the crowd. At that point he decided to leave without saying a word.
Knowing that he wanted to leave because my camera was in his back pack, I followed him just a little ways into the parking lot next to where we were preaching, again asking him, “Where is my camera? What’s in your back pack?” I didn’t want him to get away with the goods. He opened the passenger door to his truck and I saw him put into the truck a small black bag the same size as my camera bag. He then pulled out a gun and turned it on me! (Note that he opened the passenger door to his truck. Evidently he was not trying to leave but only to escalate the situation] He said, “You want something from me? I got something for you.” I said, “I’m done here.” When I saw that gun pointed at me, I had all these thoughts about my wife and kids! I thought, “Forget the camera. I need to get home to my family!”
There was a crowd of students who had followed me and when I turned to leave they were there and blocked my path. They shoved me back toward Kyle Douglas pointing the gun at me. I again attempted to leave and they let me go. Thank God I wasn’t shot!
I took out my phone and quickly took a picture of his license plate. It turns out that the Chevy truck belongs to his girlfriend April Dawn Franks. I then walked straight to the Police. A photographer followed me and kept accusing me of assaulting that man. That was a complete lie and I said I never laid a finger on him. But that same photographer had been a heckler all day long who hated my preaching.
At the campus station all the Police were gone. They were apparently called to the scene where he initially shoved me. My other preaching friends were there and they said when the cops got there they were just making fun of them.
So I called the city Police and told them somebody stole my camera on city property and then pulled a gun on me on campus. When the city Officer arrived he said, “I know you. You are the guy who is always causing problems around here.” He was speaking very condescending and irritated. All the Officers were smiling and laughing at me. I said, “I have never done anything illegal. Are you going to discriminate against me because I am a preacher? a Christian?” I then asked, “Is it legal to have a gun on campus?” A campus officer, who in the past admitted to me that he hates Jesus Christ, said, “That’s a stupid question.” I said, “No, I’m serious. I don’t know. Was it illegal for him to have a gun on campus?” At that point the city Officer started acting professional and took my report.
I gave them the Texas license plate number [BWY-8167] and showed them the picture of the truck. It was a dark Chevy pick up truck. I expected that they would maybe have Police look for that vehicle right away, pull him over, search the truck and find my camera and the gun. But they didn’t do that. They took my report, said that they were going to pursue the aggravated assault charge, was going to look over the campus video footage the security had, and a detective would get back to me in maybe a few days…
Pray for this situation. Pray that they find the guy and maybe even the camera. I assume it will probably be pawned sometime today. Pray that the man repents and that the other students repent of their sins as well.
I am now fundraising for a new video camera. A camera is an essential part of our ministry. We film our outreaches and put them on YouTube because that helps us in raising up other laborers. And because I deal with the Police on a regular basis I need to film our conversations with them.
Now that my campus preaching tour across the states is over for the semester, I was going to focus on video production. I want to make high quality videos to equip believers in evangelism and theology. The camera I had was a Sony SR11 which cost me about $1,000 a few years ago. I also had a lapel microphone system by audio technical that cost me about $150. That’s a ministry loss of about $1,150 from today. Its a pretty big set back for our ministry but I know God can work all things together for the good of those who love Him.
So please pray for this situation and if anyone would like to donate to our camera fund so that we can make high quality productions, you can donate at my website: https://openairoutreach.wordpress.com/help-support-us/
See also my response to the slander and false reports that a heckler published in the campus paper: The Lies of Photographer and Journalist Cory McCoy of Tyler Junior College & The Libel of the Apache Pow Wow
HOW YOU CAN HELP SUPPORT THE MORRELL FAMILY
The financial support we receive from the body of Christ makes it possible for us to continue to live and to travel and preach. All personal gifts from $5 – $500, either monthly or one-time, makes a huge difference. Will you consider being a monthly supporter, giving as little or as much as you can?
Paypal: Click Here
Jesse & Krista Morrell
P.O. Box 1527
Lindale TX, 75771
Special thanks in advance to our supporters. THE BATTLE IS ON! We couldn’t do it without you!
|Visit Our Website: Click Here|
- 178,069 hits
Send Missionary Support
FREE FINNEY BOOK!
Shirts that Preach!
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book “Cleansing the Temple: A Call to Radical Christianity.”
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on Free Will & Human Nature
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on Human Nature
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on The Emotions of God
How to Open Air Preach!
How to Refute Atheism & Evolution – FREE BOOK
Beyond Augustine Church History Documentary DVD
Watch Open Air Preaching Videos
Watch Theology Teaching Videos
Subscribe to our Newsletters
Jesse Morrell’s Facebook
VISIT THE ONLINE BOOKSTORE
Click to Follow Jesse Morrell on Instagram!
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
- Anime North Goes CRAZY over Street Preachers in Toronto 2018 (Like Comic Con) July 15, 2018
- Communist Students Blast Horns to Stop Street Preacher Jesse Morrell July 12, 2018
- (This Made Me Cry) The Salvation Testimony of Duncan Campbell – Hebrides Revivalist July 10, 2018
- Will You Pray for These People Please? July 8, 2018
- Help Us Reach the Nightlife With the Gospel! May 18, 2018
- Is it the Holy Spirit’s Job to Convict of Sin or the Preachers Job? Biblically it is BOTH! May 9, 2018
- Response to Greg Stier with Dare 2 Share by Jesse Morrell of Open Air Outreach April 16, 2018
- Follow Street Preacher Jesse Morrell on Youtube! April 12, 2018
- Street Preachers of America | THE MOVIE | National Conference Highlights | Documentary April 7, 2018
- Reviews of the 2018 National Street Preachers Conference | Dallas Fort Worth April 5, 2018
- REMINDER: HELP OUR HOMESCHOOL DAUGHTER WIN $4,000 FOR HER SCHOOLING April 3, 2018
- Pictures of Day 1 of 3 – National Street Preachers Conference – University of North Texas | 1,000 People in the Crowd March 30, 2018
- The National Street Preachers Conference | Speaker Bio’s & Ministry Schedule March 27, 2018
- Change of Address for The National Street Preachers Conference March 20, 2018
- One Second in Hell March 8, 2018
- Special Favor to Help our Christian Homeschool Daughter | Jesse Morrell March 6, 2018
- Dates & Location for The First National Street Preachers Conference March 1, 2018
- American Street Preacher Takes On Canadian Gay Pride | Dunnville Canada | Jesse Morrell February 28, 2018
- How Jesus Changed My Homicidal Mind | Neuroscience | Jesse Morrell February 21, 2018
- Intelligent Design Proven by the Intelligent Information Found in DNA for Genetic Expression | Jesse Morrell February 19, 2018
- Enoch Walked with God – Jesse Morrell February 18, 2018
- Is God Sovereign? No! At least, Not in the Calvinist Sense. The “Heresy of Sovereignty” Exposed by Jesse Morrell February 13, 2018
- Street Preachers Rebuke Transgenderism on American Universities & Preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ | Jesse Morrell January 23, 2018
- Books by Street Preacher Jesse Morrell January 23, 2018
- So Funny!! How Calvinists View Child Birth & Babies! R C Sproul John MacArthur Voddie Bauchman January 7, 2018
- GUILTY AS CHARGED: The Salvation Testimony of Jesse Morrell – Drug Dealer Street Fighter Turned Street Preacher December 30, 2017
- The Cigar Smoking of Charles Spurgeon, the so-called “Prince of Preachers,” Exposed by Jesse Morrell December 28, 2017
- End of the Year Giving December 26, 2017
- The Error of John MacArthur by Jesse Morrell December 21, 2017
- HELP SUPPORT MISSIONARIES TO AMERICA December 15, 2017
- Help Support Missionaries to America! The Morrell Family December 10, 2017
- The Street Preacher Manual! COMING SOON! December 8, 2017
- The Jealousy of God | Jesse Morrell | The Emotions of God Book December 4, 2017
- How Human Nature Reflects God’s Character | Jesse Morrell December 3, 2017
- The Emotions of God: How Man Can Bless or Hurt God by Jesse Morrell December 2, 2017
- 40% OFF on all the BOOKS in our BOOKSTORE! Today only! November 30, 2017
- Check out the Love & Hate Mail I Get for Street Preaching! Jesse Morrell November 7, 2017
- Sound Doctrine & Powerful Truths of Scripture! Teaching a Discipleship Training School in the Philippines November 2, 2017
- Become an Open Air Outreach Prayer Partner! November 1, 2017
- Changing the World One Street Corner at a Time – Street Preaching in the Philippines – Antipolo & Baguio City October 24, 2017
- Stranded in Tennessee – Help Support the Morrell Family October 13, 2017
- The Life and Legacy of Playboy’s Hugh Hefner – Dead at 91 September 28, 2017
- Why Do Liberals Hate White European Males? I thank God for them! August 19, 2017
- A Conversation with an Antinomian Heretic | Repent of your Sins vs. Easy Believism Faith Alone | Jesse Morrell August 19, 2017
- The Rotten Fruit of Once Saved Always Saved by Jesse Morrell August 19, 2017
- Matt Slick & Jesse Morrell have Chaotic Atonement Debate / Discussion | Limited Atonement – Penal Substitution August 10, 2017
- How A. W. Tozer Was Converted by a Street Preacher | Salvation Testimony July 27, 2017
- Ray Comfort on Christian Perfection & Sinning Christians (Or Sinless Perfection & Sin In Believers) July 27, 2017
- The First Open Air Outreach Campus Tour | Jesse Morrell Street Preaching July 27, 2017
- Why “Limited Atonement” is Heretical Doctrine & False Gospel by Jesse Morrell July 15, 2017
- July 2018 (4)
- May 2018 (2)
- April 2018 (5)
- March 2018 (6)
- February 2018 (5)
- January 2018 (3)
- December 2017 (10)
- November 2017 (4)
- October 2017 (2)
- September 2017 (1)
- August 2017 (4)
- July 2017 (6)
- June 2017 (5)
- May 2017 (4)
- April 2017 (10)
- March 2017 (4)
- February 2017 (4)
- January 2017 (4)
- December 2016 (10)
- November 2016 (14)
- October 2016 (9)
- September 2016 (9)
- August 2016 (12)
- July 2016 (6)
- June 2016 (7)
- April 2016 (2)
- March 2016 (5)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- November 2015 (1)
- October 2015 (2)
- September 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (14)
- April 2015 (6)
- March 2015 (15)
- February 2015 (14)
- January 2015 (7)
- December 2014 (6)
- November 2014 (6)
- October 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (5)
- June 2014 (12)
- May 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (6)
- February 2014 (3)
- January 2014 (5)
- December 2013 (5)
- November 2013 (2)
- October 2013 (4)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (103)
- July 2013 (5)
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (5)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (4)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (6)
- November 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (1)
- April 2011 (3)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)
- October 2010 (1)
- September 2010 (2)
- May 2010 (1)
- Follow Open Air Outreach Newsletters – Open Air Preaching Since 2002 on WordPress.com