This newsletter has no copy-right.
Feel free to share it by forwarding it on or by printing it off.
Before I left on this tour I read in the news about journalists who have been getting beheaded overseas. I thought about how journalists risk and sometimes even give their lives to capture a story and how soldiers fight and lay down their lives for a temporal kingdom. Could we as Christians, serving the King of Kings with the gospel that saves souls from eternal hell, be willing to do anything less than them? Christians should be more active, more committed, more sacrificial in their occupation of preaching the gospel than any other people on earth are in their occupation!
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA, MINNEAPOLIS
The first campus on my tour was the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. I had not preached on this campus since 2007 but was excited to return because I’ve always had good meetings every time I’ve been there. There is a large grassy field area in the middle of campus where a lot of students will hang out, sun bathe, play frisbee, etc. I stand in front of a small staircase and bounce my voice off a building and it isn’t too long before a nice crowd gathers around, sits on the stairs and listens. In the past, I’ve had up to 500 people in the crowd on this campus.
Some other local brethren joined me on campus and worked the sidelines witnessing one on one. I was the open air preacher. To capture the attention and interest of the students I started off by rebuking their favorite sin – sexual immorality. I said, “1 in 3 college students have an STD. You are more likely to graduate with an STD than with a PHD.” The students all admitted that this was true and one man in particular said that they all basically have HPV.
I explained that when you sin you are out of order – the natural order of things. And if I take my car off roading there will be damage done because it was not made for that. So also when you sin, there is both physical and spiritual damage or loss. Throughout the day I rebuked their sin and pointed them to Jesus Christ for the grace and mercy of God. When a sinner is reconciled to God and is transformed by His grace into a Saint, it is then that he lives according to the natural order of things or the way that God intended and designed. What is sin but a violating of the loving relationships we were intended and designed to have with God and our fellowman? And so in salvation, you enter into a right relation to God and man.
One student said that they never hear these conservative Christian views from anyone so it is a unique experience for them. They are inundated with vocal liberals always pushing their agenda but bold outspoken Christians are an oddity and rarity on many secular campuses today.
As is typical, I had my mockers and hecklers. As much as they said “Nobody wants to hear what you have to say” the fact is, they all gathered around and asked me questions for hours each day. And while they say “Nobody wants you here!” the fact is that whenever I tell the crowd “I am coming back tomorrow!” They all cheer wildly!
GAY PRIDEFEST, MANKATO MN
Some of the local brethren told me about a Gay Pride Parade and Festival coming up in the small town of Mankato MN. According to the event website, EVERYONE is invited to march in the parade. Knowing that EVERYONE probably did not mean street preachers with “Repent or Perish” banners, we decided to simply show up early and preach the parade route before it started! So as everyone was sitting on the sidelines waiting for the parade to start, we marched with our signs and banners stopping at each group to preach the gospel to them in the open air!
I preached, “I know a man who can set you straight! His name is Jesus Christ!” And “I am in love with a man. And His blood is not HIV positive! His blood gives life, it doesn’t take life! It’s Jesus Christ.” And I testified also, “I have friends of mine who are Ex-Gay. Yes, that’s right! And you too can become Homo-No-Mo! You can be born again!”
The event organizers tries to tell us that we were not in the parade so we could not be in the street but I told them that since the traffic was blocked off and the parade had not started yet, there was nothing that they could do. They were very frustrated but knew they could do nothing.
My voice was very worn out from preaching on the campus during the week so after a little while, I turned it over to another brother who did a great job preaching.
These type of events are not my favorite outreach to say the least, nevertheless they need to get done also. Fact is, if I chose not to preach at Gay Pride Parades it would be DISCRIMINATION since I choose to preach everywhere else! And as homosexuals are suing Christian bakers and Christian photographers for denying them service, I better provide my services to them as well!
I tell homosexuals “I have the cure for GAY!” They ask, “What is it?” I say, “SHOCK TREATMENT! Spiritual shock treatment!” They say, “Oh, well give it to us.” I say, “Here it is: REPENT OR PERISH!”
After the parade was over everyone was walking to the local park for the Pride Festival. As we started walking towards the park we were stopped by the Police who told us that the event has rented the park and doesn’t want us there so we could not go. We were threatened with arrest. Imagine that! Being denied your RIGHTS at an EQUAL RIGHTS festival! I stood firm and told the Officer that it was a public event on public property that was open to the public free of charge and therefore they could not DISCRIMINATE against us because of our religious beliefs. I was adamant about the fact that since there was no admission fee and it was open to everyone, our admission could not be denied. There have been lawsuits all over the country about this issue and the courts have consistently ruled in our favor. The Police checked on this information and came back to tell us that they could not stop us from entering the park!
Once inside the event we witnessed to people one on one, held banners and signs near the stage for all to see watching the DRAG performance, preached open air and went around talking to all the vendors and tables.
I asked one table of homosexuals what they thought about polygamy. After all, bisexuals are attracted to male and female. So should they have the right to marry both a male and a female? One homosexual said that while he believes in homosexual marriage, he still believes in monogamous marriages. But this is an utter contradiction to their whole argument in the Gay marriage debate! If it is “loving, committed consenting adults” who are marrying the “one that they love,” given their own principles they should be fine with polygamy!
At another time, a lesbian used the term “consenting adults” to justify homosexuality. She said that because they are “consenting adults” there is nothing wrong with it. I find this argument to be strange because it is saying that so long as you are consenting to commit the sin, there is nothing wrong with it. Suicide is consensual too. Anyways, I asked her if she was OK with prostitution since it was “consenting adults.” She actually said “Yes, I don’t have a problem with it.” Well, at least she was more consistent than the homosexual who believed in monogamous marriages only! So I asked her, “Oh OK. So, is there a prostitution table around here somewhere?” She said, “I don’t think so.” I said, “Well, given the principles of the homosexual movement, it is bound to be on its way!”
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN, MADISON
The University of Wisconsin was a new campus for me. I’ve preached on over 100 campuses in the US but this was only my second campus in Wisconsin so I was really looking forward to it. My friend Jed Smock preaches on this campus annually so I knew it was an open campus.
A local brother who invited me to the area accompanied me to campus and showed me the location where the other preachers normally preach. Unfortunately that whole area was under construction and there was no possible way for us to preach there. So we had to walk around campus to find another location and we did find a great spot. It was not as good as the original or usual location but it was busy enough with foot traffic. It was a large enough area to accommodate a crowd and there were nice little walls for me to preach on. With the unexpected surprise of the construction and the need to find a new location, I started an hour later than I had planned but it wasn’t long before I had a nice crowd going.
I felt the need to preach against all the sexual promiscuity that is so rampant on college campuses. I explained that the Bible calls fornication whorish behavior. It makes a woman a “whore” and a man a “whoremonger.” Sex is for marriage and the designed result was naturally a child born into a family unit.
One girl I was talking with who admitted to fornication was completely unashamed and unworried. I asked her, “where did you meet this guy?” She said she met her “boyfriend” at a party. I said, “What if you get pregnant? Then you are going to have this partier as the father of your child?” She said, “I’ll just have an abortion.” My heart broke. I said, “So its not enough for you college girls to be whores. You have to go and make yourself murderers as well. God will judge baby killing whores.”
She said, “Its not murder. The baby is…. not live.” I could tell she hesitated in that statement. I said, “Do you know why a C-section is not an abortion procedure? Because if they have a C-section on a pregnant woman, the baby comes out alive. That is why they have to kill the baby first before they remove it from the womb.”
She said, “But, what about viability of life?” I said, “Viability? Many of you college students are not viable. You are still dependent upon your parents! Many elderly people are dependent upon others. Does that mean we have the right to kill them? And even after the baby is born, it is still dependent upon its mother. But the whole question of the ‘viability of life’ presupposes that the baby is alive. So by even asking about the ‘viability of life’ you admit to being willing to murder a living baby.”
She was impenitent. I remember another college girl on another campus once told me with a completely stone face and hard heart, “Well, if abortion isn’t a legal option, I would just have to drown the baby in the bathtub after its born.” It just goes to show that these selfish sinners who are literally hellbent on their own gratification really don’t care if its murder or not. And that is all the more reason why we should confront them, rebuke their sin, calling them to repentance and point them to Jesus.
The more that I preach on universities and colleges, the more the students justify in their reactions and behavior my reason for being there.
Throughout the day it would rain on and off. Every time it would rain much of the crowd would disperse and a small crowd would rather under an overhang against a building. I did have an umbrella so I would move over to address the crowd while under the overhang. Then when it would stop raining I would go back out to the main spot and preach again. This happened numerous times but every time the rain drew the crowd away, once it stopped I was able to recover and draw a new audience again.
EEM CONFERENCE, SHIPSHEWANNA IN
GoPro Street Preacher Road Trip Documentary
Street Preachers Call Lesbian Mayor Annise Parker to Repent Outside Houston City Hall
Sinners are Half Animals / Half Demons
Jed Smock Rebukes Calvinism | TULIP | Reformed Theology
The Great Calvinism Debate | Total Depravity | Part 1 | Jed Smock vs. Peter Allison
The Great Calvinism Debate | Total Depravity | Part 2 | Jed Smock vs. Peter Allison
The Great Calvinism Debate | Unconditional Election & Limited Atonement | Part 3 | Jed Smock
The Great Calvinism Debate | Irresistible Grace & Perseverance of the Saints | Part 4 | Jed Smock
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel OpenAirOutreach: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=openairoutreach
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel BibleTheology: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=bibletheology
These are some Street Preacher “Memes” that I posted on My Facebook:
My bookstore “Biblical Truth Resources” is also my theological blog where I post articles and free resources for the edification of the body of Christ. These are some of the recent articles that I added to the blog:
While I am still working on and off on my book “The Vicarious Atonement of Christ,” I started compiling stories and points for a Street Preacher Handbook. I’d like to write this short book to give various pointers and tips for those interested in learning the skill of open air preaching. I’d like to write about “How To Get Started,” “How to Draw a Crowd,” “Problems with the Police,” etc. For those of you who would be interested in a book like this, email me the type of topics and issues you would like to see it cover. My email address is email@example.com
It is official. I have now turned 30 years old! The years go by faster and faster and there’s so much more that I want to do for the Lord. Carpe Diem!
“When I am dying how glad I shall be
HOW YOU CAN HELP SUPPORT THE MORRELL FAMILY
The Morrell Family is a missionary family that lives by faith each month as we labor for the Lord in the ministry.
The financial support that our family receives from the body of Christ makes it possible for us to continue minister and preach the gospel full time.
December and January are typically our hardest months financially as less support comes in.
Will you consider being a monthly supporter, giving as little or as much as you can?
All personal gifts from $5 – $500, either monthly or one-time, makes a huge difference.
Paypal: Click Here
Jesse & Krista Morrell
P.O. Box 1527
Lindale TX, 75771
Special thanks in advance to our supporters. THE BATTLE IS ON! We couldn’t do it without you!
|Visit Our Website: Click Here|
- 218,722 hits
Send Missionary Support
FREE FINNEY BOOK!
Shirts that Preach!
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book “Cleansing the Temple: A Call to Radical Christianity.”
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on Free Will & Human Nature
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on Human Nature
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on The Emotions of God
How to Open Air Preach!
How to Refute Atheism & Evolution – FREE BOOK
Beyond Augustine Church History Documentary DVD
Watch Open Air Preaching Videos
Watch Theology Teaching Videos
Subscribe to our Newsletters
Jesse Morrell’s Facebook
VISIT THE ONLINE BOOKSTORE
- @ihateiceman BLM are communist terrorists. 1 day ago
- @RobDownenChron Wow. They had to be drunk to think they should post that. That’s how she was dressed and he thought… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- https://t.co/E55bfROG15 4 days ago
- @realDonaldTrump Fake News is also called Communist Propaganda. 5 days ago
- @realDonaldTrump The court is undermining the value of life by tossing the death penalty. The severity of penalty i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- QUEEN SACRIFICE – Why I Had to Delete All My Youtube Videos July 14, 2020
- My New Book! The Wuhan Lab & The Mad Science Dr. Fauci Funded! June 1, 2020
- Dr. Fauci Must Have Known Chloroquine was Effective against SARS-CoV in 2004 May 3, 2020
- Dr. Fauci Funded the Wuhan Lab When it was BANNED to Fund Gain of Function Research | A Brief Timeline of the Wuhan Lab Dr. Fauci Funded for Coronavirus Experiments April 29, 2020
- The Independent (U.K. Newspaper) asks Jesse Morrell Questions about Covid 19, Wuhan Labs, and Bill Gates April 15, 2020
- Facts or Theory: Covid19, Wuhan Labs, & the Bill Gates Connection… April 9, 2020
- The Death Toll of a Global Depression by Jesse Morrell March 27, 2020
- The 2020 National Street Preachers Conference | Dallas Fort Worth January 20, 2020
- A Thank You to our Supporters from the Morrell Family! December 4, 2019
- The Schedule for the Revival Theology Conference! October 3, 2019
- “The Secret of Success in the Ministry of Charles G. Finney” by Gordon C. Olson September 16, 2019
- Why doesn’t God Stop Evil if He is all Powerful and All Good? Christian Apologetics with Jesse Morrell August 13, 2019
- Announcing the 2019 Revival Theology Conference! Lindale TX! August 2, 2019
- Free Christian Book by Jesse Morrell – Cleansing the Temple: A Call to Radical Christianity July 27, 2019
- What was Human Nature Designed For? Jesse Morrell Explains June 20, 2019
- Rebuking Heretic Pastor of Gnostic Cult Emilio Ramos | Reformed Calvinist Exposed | Jesse Morrell Refutes Heresy April 16, 2019
- Jesse Morrell Blocked on Facebook for Love-Speech they called Hate Speech April 4, 2019
- Location & Schedule for The 2019 National Street Preachers Conference April 4, 2019
- A Powerful Exhortation to Soul Winning by Jesse Morrell at the National Street Preachers Conference in Texas February 26, 2019
- Is Street Preaching Effective? by Jesse Morrell February 26, 2019
- Evangelism Training: How to Draw a Crowd Open-Air Preaching February 26, 2019
- The Psychology of Soul Winning By Jesse Morrell February 26, 2019
- Ticketed by Police in Canada for Street Preaching! February 19, 2019
- How to Convict Sinners & Convert them to Christ! Free Street Preacher Training! January 30, 2019
- Hawaii: Paradise on its way to Hell January 29, 2019
- Looking for a 2019 Tax Break? Check out this Great Ministry Report! January 29, 2019
- Bible Study: Can You Forfeit Your Salvation? Penitentiary Hollow January 29, 2019
- How to Weaken Temptation & Live Holy for Jesus! January 24, 2019
- Free Online School of Evangelism! December 31, 2018
- Church History Documentary| The Free Will Debate | Augustine vs. Pelagius | Gnostics vs Early Church December 27, 2018
- The Story of a Street Preacher | Open Air Preaching Documentary Movie Films December 26, 2018
- I know the Cure for Cancer! And it’s FREE! December 14, 2018
- Question: Why did God Create the Devil? December 6, 2018
- FREE Library of Christian Books! October 26, 2018
- Response to the Critics: Does Street Preaching Really Work? Where is the Fruit? Where are the Salvations? October 19, 2018
- A News Helicopter Covered the National Street Preachers Conference! October 11, 2018
- Princeton University vs. Street Preacher | Police Showed Up | Jesse Morrell October 5, 2018
- Help Make A Difference by Giving $7 A Month | Missionary Support October 3, 2018
- 3 Free Christian Theology Books by Jesse Morrell | FREE CHRISTIAN EBOOKS September 26, 2018
- Do You Have to Repent of Your Sins to Be Saved? Is Repentance Necessary for Salvation? Heresy of Matt Slick September 21, 2018
- How to live the Happy Blessed Christian Life! Be Holy! Jesse Morrell September 19, 2018
- We Need a Move of the Holy Spirit to Bring Deep Conviction of Sin | Jesse Morrell September 7, 2018
- The Heresy of Pastor Steven Anderson Exposed – Beware of Wolves in Sheep’s Clothing! Jesse Morrell Refutes A Heretic September 5, 2018
- Look What Marijuana Actually Does to the Brain! Alaska Outreach Report August 23, 2018
- How to Respond to Police Who Say Street Preaching is Disturbing the Peace August 5, 2018
- Anime North Goes CRAZY over Street Preachers in Toronto 2018 (Like Comic Con) July 15, 2018
- Communist Students Blast Horns to Stop Street Preacher Jesse Morrell July 12, 2018
- (This Made Me Cry) The Salvation Testimony of Duncan Campbell – Hebrides Revivalist July 10, 2018
- Will You Pray for These People Please? July 8, 2018
- Help Us Reach the Nightlife With the Gospel! May 18, 2018
- July 2020 (1)
- June 2020 (1)
- May 2020 (1)
- April 2020 (3)
- March 2020 (1)
- January 2020 (1)
- December 2019 (1)
- October 2019 (1)
- September 2019 (1)
- August 2019 (2)
- July 2019 (1)
- June 2019 (1)
- April 2019 (3)
- February 2019 (5)
- January 2019 (5)
- December 2018 (5)
- October 2018 (5)
- September 2018 (5)
- August 2018 (2)
- July 2018 (4)
- May 2018 (2)
- April 2018 (5)
- March 2018 (6)
- February 2018 (5)
- January 2018 (3)
- December 2017 (10)
- November 2017 (4)
- October 2017 (2)
- September 2017 (1)
- August 2017 (4)
- July 2017 (6)
- June 2017 (5)
- May 2017 (4)
- April 2017 (10)
- March 2017 (4)
- February 2017 (4)
- January 2017 (4)
- December 2016 (10)
- November 2016 (14)
- October 2016 (9)
- September 2016 (9)
- August 2016 (12)
- July 2016 (6)
- June 2016 (7)
- April 2016 (2)
- March 2016 (5)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- November 2015 (1)
- October 2015 (2)
- September 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (14)
- April 2015 (6)
- March 2015 (15)
- February 2015 (14)
- January 2015 (7)
- December 2014 (6)
- November 2014 (6)
- October 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (5)
- June 2014 (12)
- May 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (6)
- February 2014 (3)
- January 2014 (5)
- December 2013 (5)
- November 2013 (2)
- October 2013 (4)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (103)
- July 2013 (5)
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (5)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (4)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (6)
- November 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (1)
- April 2011 (3)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)
- October 2010 (1)
- September 2010 (2)
- May 2010 (1)
- Follow Open Air Outreach Newsletters – Open Air Preaching Since 2002 on WordPress.com