This newsletter has no copy-right.
Feel free to share it by forwarding it on or by printing it off.
Before I left on this tour I read in the news about journalists who have been getting beheaded overseas. I thought about how journalists risk and sometimes even give their lives to capture a story and how soldiers fight and lay down their lives for a temporal kingdom. Could we as Christians, serving the King of Kings with the gospel that saves souls from eternal hell, be willing to do anything less than them? Christians should be more active, more committed, more sacrificial in their occupation of preaching the gospel than any other people on earth are in their occupation!
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA, MINNEAPOLIS
The first campus on my tour was the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. I had not preached on this campus since 2007 but was excited to return because I’ve always had good meetings every time I’ve been there. There is a large grassy field area in the middle of campus where a lot of students will hang out, sun bathe, play frisbee, etc. I stand in front of a small staircase and bounce my voice off a building and it isn’t too long before a nice crowd gathers around, sits on the stairs and listens. In the past, I’ve had up to 500 people in the crowd on this campus.
Some other local brethren joined me on campus and worked the sidelines witnessing one on one. I was the open air preacher. To capture the attention and interest of the students I started off by rebuking their favorite sin – sexual immorality. I said, “1 in 3 college students have an STD. You are more likely to graduate with an STD than with a PHD.” The students all admitted that this was true and one man in particular said that they all basically have HPV.
I explained that when you sin you are out of order – the natural order of things. And if I take my car off roading there will be damage done because it was not made for that. So also when you sin, there is both physical and spiritual damage or loss. Throughout the day I rebuked their sin and pointed them to Jesus Christ for the grace and mercy of God. When a sinner is reconciled to God and is transformed by His grace into a Saint, it is then that he lives according to the natural order of things or the way that God intended and designed. What is sin but a violating of the loving relationships we were intended and designed to have with God and our fellowman? And so in salvation, you enter into a right relation to God and man.
One student said that they never hear these conservative Christian views from anyone so it is a unique experience for them. They are inundated with vocal liberals always pushing their agenda but bold outspoken Christians are an oddity and rarity on many secular campuses today.
As is typical, I had my mockers and hecklers. As much as they said “Nobody wants to hear what you have to say” the fact is, they all gathered around and asked me questions for hours each day. And while they say “Nobody wants you here!” the fact is that whenever I tell the crowd “I am coming back tomorrow!” They all cheer wildly!
GAY PRIDEFEST, MANKATO MN
Some of the local brethren told me about a Gay Pride Parade and Festival coming up in the small town of Mankato MN. According to the event website, EVERYONE is invited to march in the parade. Knowing that EVERYONE probably did not mean street preachers with “Repent or Perish” banners, we decided to simply show up early and preach the parade route before it started! So as everyone was sitting on the sidelines waiting for the parade to start, we marched with our signs and banners stopping at each group to preach the gospel to them in the open air!
I preached, “I know a man who can set you straight! His name is Jesus Christ!” And “I am in love with a man. And His blood is not HIV positive! His blood gives life, it doesn’t take life! It’s Jesus Christ.” And I testified also, “I have friends of mine who are Ex-Gay. Yes, that’s right! And you too can become Homo-No-Mo! You can be born again!”
The event organizers tries to tell us that we were not in the parade so we could not be in the street but I told them that since the traffic was blocked off and the parade had not started yet, there was nothing that they could do. They were very frustrated but knew they could do nothing.
My voice was very worn out from preaching on the campus during the week so after a little while, I turned it over to another brother who did a great job preaching.
These type of events are not my favorite outreach to say the least, nevertheless they need to get done also. Fact is, if I chose not to preach at Gay Pride Parades it would be DISCRIMINATION since I choose to preach everywhere else! And as homosexuals are suing Christian bakers and Christian photographers for denying them service, I better provide my services to them as well!
I tell homosexuals “I have the cure for GAY!” They ask, “What is it?” I say, “SHOCK TREATMENT! Spiritual shock treatment!” They say, “Oh, well give it to us.” I say, “Here it is: REPENT OR PERISH!”
After the parade was over everyone was walking to the local park for the Pride Festival. As we started walking towards the park we were stopped by the Police who told us that the event has rented the park and doesn’t want us there so we could not go. We were threatened with arrest. Imagine that! Being denied your RIGHTS at an EQUAL RIGHTS festival! I stood firm and told the Officer that it was a public event on public property that was open to the public free of charge and therefore they could not DISCRIMINATE against us because of our religious beliefs. I was adamant about the fact that since there was no admission fee and it was open to everyone, our admission could not be denied. There have been lawsuits all over the country about this issue and the courts have consistently ruled in our favor. The Police checked on this information and came back to tell us that they could not stop us from entering the park!
Once inside the event we witnessed to people one on one, held banners and signs near the stage for all to see watching the DRAG performance, preached open air and went around talking to all the vendors and tables.
I asked one table of homosexuals what they thought about polygamy. After all, bisexuals are attracted to male and female. So should they have the right to marry both a male and a female? One homosexual said that while he believes in homosexual marriage, he still believes in monogamous marriages. But this is an utter contradiction to their whole argument in the Gay marriage debate! If it is “loving, committed consenting adults” who are marrying the “one that they love,” given their own principles they should be fine with polygamy!
At another time, a lesbian used the term “consenting adults” to justify homosexuality. She said that because they are “consenting adults” there is nothing wrong with it. I find this argument to be strange because it is saying that so long as you are consenting to commit the sin, there is nothing wrong with it. Suicide is consensual too. Anyways, I asked her if she was OK with prostitution since it was “consenting adults.” She actually said “Yes, I don’t have a problem with it.” Well, at least she was more consistent than the homosexual who believed in monogamous marriages only! So I asked her, “Oh OK. So, is there a prostitution table around here somewhere?” She said, “I don’t think so.” I said, “Well, given the principles of the homosexual movement, it is bound to be on its way!”
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN, MADISON
The University of Wisconsin was a new campus for me. I’ve preached on over 100 campuses in the US but this was only my second campus in Wisconsin so I was really looking forward to it. My friend Jed Smock preaches on this campus annually so I knew it was an open campus.
A local brother who invited me to the area accompanied me to campus and showed me the location where the other preachers normally preach. Unfortunately that whole area was under construction and there was no possible way for us to preach there. So we had to walk around campus to find another location and we did find a great spot. It was not as good as the original or usual location but it was busy enough with foot traffic. It was a large enough area to accommodate a crowd and there were nice little walls for me to preach on. With the unexpected surprise of the construction and the need to find a new location, I started an hour later than I had planned but it wasn’t long before I had a nice crowd going.
I felt the need to preach against all the sexual promiscuity that is so rampant on college campuses. I explained that the Bible calls fornication whorish behavior. It makes a woman a “whore” and a man a “whoremonger.” Sex is for marriage and the designed result was naturally a child born into a family unit.
One girl I was talking with who admitted to fornication was completely unashamed and unworried. I asked her, “where did you meet this guy?” She said she met her “boyfriend” at a party. I said, “What if you get pregnant? Then you are going to have this partier as the father of your child?” She said, “I’ll just have an abortion.” My heart broke. I said, “So its not enough for you college girls to be whores. You have to go and make yourself murderers as well. God will judge baby killing whores.”
She said, “Its not murder. The baby is…. not live.” I could tell she hesitated in that statement. I said, “Do you know why a C-section is not an abortion procedure? Because if they have a C-section on a pregnant woman, the baby comes out alive. That is why they have to kill the baby first before they remove it from the womb.”
She said, “But, what about viability of life?” I said, “Viability? Many of you college students are not viable. You are still dependent upon your parents! Many elderly people are dependent upon others. Does that mean we have the right to kill them? And even after the baby is born, it is still dependent upon its mother. But the whole question of the ‘viability of life’ presupposes that the baby is alive. So by even asking about the ‘viability of life’ you admit to being willing to murder a living baby.”
She was impenitent. I remember another college girl on another campus once told me with a completely stone face and hard heart, “Well, if abortion isn’t a legal option, I would just have to drown the baby in the bathtub after its born.” It just goes to show that these selfish sinners who are literally hellbent on their own gratification really don’t care if its murder or not. And that is all the more reason why we should confront them, rebuke their sin, calling them to repentance and point them to Jesus.
The more that I preach on universities and colleges, the more the students justify in their reactions and behavior my reason for being there.
Throughout the day it would rain on and off. Every time it would rain much of the crowd would disperse and a small crowd would rather under an overhang against a building. I did have an umbrella so I would move over to address the crowd while under the overhang. Then when it would stop raining I would go back out to the main spot and preach again. This happened numerous times but every time the rain drew the crowd away, once it stopped I was able to recover and draw a new audience again.
EEM CONFERENCE, SHIPSHEWANNA IN
GoPro Street Preacher Road Trip Documentary
Street Preachers Call Lesbian Mayor Annise Parker to Repent Outside Houston City Hall
Sinners are Half Animals / Half Demons
Jed Smock Rebukes Calvinism | TULIP | Reformed Theology
The Great Calvinism Debate | Total Depravity | Part 1 | Jed Smock vs. Peter Allison
The Great Calvinism Debate | Total Depravity | Part 2 | Jed Smock vs. Peter Allison
The Great Calvinism Debate | Unconditional Election & Limited Atonement | Part 3 | Jed Smock
The Great Calvinism Debate | Irresistible Grace & Perseverance of the Saints | Part 4 | Jed Smock
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel OpenAirOutreach: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=openairoutreach
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel BibleTheology: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=bibletheology
These are some Street Preacher “Memes” that I posted on My Facebook:
My bookstore “Biblical Truth Resources” is also my theological blog where I post articles and free resources for the edification of the body of Christ. These are some of the recent articles that I added to the blog:
While I am still working on and off on my book “The Vicarious Atonement of Christ,” I started compiling stories and points for a Street Preacher Handbook. I’d like to write this short book to give various pointers and tips for those interested in learning the skill of open air preaching. I’d like to write about “How To Get Started,” “How to Draw a Crowd,” “Problems with the Police,” etc. For those of you who would be interested in a book like this, email me the type of topics and issues you would like to see it cover. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
It is official. I have now turned 30 years old! The years go by faster and faster and there’s so much more that I want to do for the Lord. Carpe Diem!
“When I am dying how glad I shall be
HOW YOU CAN HELP SUPPORT THE MORRELL FAMILY
The Morrell Family is a missionary family that lives by faith each month as we labor for the Lord in the ministry.
The financial support that our family receives from the body of Christ makes it possible for us to continue minister and preach the gospel full time.
December and January are typically our hardest months financially as less support comes in.
Will you consider being a monthly supporter, giving as little or as much as you can?
All personal gifts from $5 – $500, either monthly or one-time, makes a huge difference.
Paypal: Click Here
Jesse & Krista Morrell
P.O. Box 1527
Lindale TX, 75771
Special thanks in advance to our supporters. THE BATTLE IS ON! We couldn’t do it without you!
|Visit Our Website: Click Here|
- 171,536 hits
Send Missionary Support
FREE FINNEY BOOK!
Shirts that Preach!
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book “Cleansing the Temple: A Call to Radical Christianity.”
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on Free Will & Human Nature
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on Human Nature
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on The Emotions of God
How to Open Air Preach!
How to Refute Atheism & Evolution – FREE BOOK
Beyond Augustine Church History Documentary DVD
Watch Open Air Preaching Videos
Watch Theology Teaching Videos
Subscribe to our Newsletters
Jesse Morrell’s Facebook
VISIT THE ONLINE BOOKSTORE
Click to Follow Jesse Morrell on Instagram!
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
- I had people tell me Jesus Loves You in High School and it turned me off. I had a hell fire preacher tell me in ja… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- "The only thing you can learn from Buddha is to stay on your diet!" Holy Hubert Lindsey 3 hours ago
- Holy Hubert Lindsey, the campus preacher who went to Berkeley during the 60's and was beaten 150 times his first ye… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- facebook.com/jesse.morrell.… 7 hours ago
- facebook.com/jesse.morrell.… 9 hours ago
- Help Us Reach the Nightlife With the Gospel! May 18, 2018
- Is it the Holy Spirit’s Job to Convict of Sin or the Preachers Job? Biblically it is BOTH! May 9, 2018
- Response to Greg Stier with Dare 2 Share by Jesse Morrell of Open Air Outreach April 16, 2018
- Follow Street Preacher Jesse Morrell on Youtube! April 12, 2018
- Street Preachers of America | THE MOVIE | National Conference Highlights | Documentary April 7, 2018
- Reviews of the 2018 National Street Preachers Conference | Dallas Fort Worth April 5, 2018
- REMINDER: HELP OUR HOMESCHOOL DAUGHTER WIN $4,000 FOR HER SCHOOLING April 3, 2018
- Pictures of Day 1 of 3 – National Street Preachers Conference – University of North Texas | 1,000 People in the Crowd March 30, 2018
- The National Street Preachers Conference | Speaker Bio’s & Ministry Schedule March 27, 2018
- Change of Address for The National Street Preachers Conference March 20, 2018
- One Second in Hell March 8, 2018
- Special Favor to Help our Christian Homeschool Daughter | Jesse Morrell March 6, 2018
- Dates & Location for The First National Street Preachers Conference March 1, 2018
- American Street Preacher Takes On Canadian Gay Pride | Dunnville Canada | Jesse Morrell February 28, 2018
- How Jesus Changed My Homicidal Mind | Neuroscience | Jesse Morrell February 21, 2018
- Intelligent Design Proven by the Intelligent Information Found in DNA for Genetic Expression | Jesse Morrell February 19, 2018
- Enoch Walked with God – Jesse Morrell February 18, 2018
- Is God Sovereign? No! At least, Not in the Calvinist Sense. The “Heresy of Sovereignty” Exposed by Jesse Morrell February 13, 2018
- Street Preachers Rebuke Transgenderism on American Universities & Preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ | Jesse Morrell January 23, 2018
- Books by Street Preacher Jesse Morrell January 23, 2018
- So Funny!! How Calvinists View Child Birth & Babies! R C Sproul John MacArthur Voddie Bauchman January 7, 2018
- GUILTY AS CHARGED: The Salvation Testimony of Jesse Morrell – Drug Dealer Street Fighter Turned Street Preacher December 30, 2017
- The Cigar Smoking of Charles Spurgeon, the so-called “Prince of Preachers,” Exposed by Jesse Morrell December 28, 2017
- End of the Year Giving December 26, 2017
- The Error of John MacArthur by Jesse Morrell December 21, 2017
- HELP SUPPORT MISSIONARIES TO AMERICA December 15, 2017
- Help Support Missionaries to America! The Morrell Family December 10, 2017
- The Street Preacher Manual! COMING SOON! December 8, 2017
- The Jealousy of God | Jesse Morrell | The Emotions of God Book December 4, 2017
- How Human Nature Reflects God’s Character | Jesse Morrell December 3, 2017
- The Emotions of God: How Man Can Bless or Hurt God by Jesse Morrell December 2, 2017
- 40% OFF on all the BOOKS in our BOOKSTORE! Today only! November 30, 2017
- Check out the Love & Hate Mail I Get for Street Preaching! Jesse Morrell November 7, 2017
- Sound Doctrine & Powerful Truths of Scripture! Teaching a Discipleship Training School in the Philippines November 2, 2017
- Become an Open Air Outreach Prayer Partner! November 1, 2017
- Changing the World One Street Corner at a Time – Street Preaching in the Philippines – Antipolo & Baguio City October 24, 2017
- Stranded in Tennessee – Help Support the Morrell Family October 13, 2017
- The Life and Legacy of Playboy’s Hugh Hefner – Dead at 91 September 28, 2017
- Why Do Liberals Hate White European Males? I thank God for them! August 19, 2017
- A Conversation with an Antinomian Heretic | Repent of your Sins vs. Easy Believism Faith Alone | Jesse Morrell August 19, 2017
- The Rotten Fruit of Once Saved Always Saved by Jesse Morrell August 19, 2017
- Matt Slick & Jesse Morrell have Chaotic Atonement Debate / Discussion | Limited Atonement – Penal Substitution August 10, 2017
- How A. W. Tozer Was Converted by a Street Preacher | Salvation Testimony July 27, 2017
- Ray Comfort on Christian Perfection & Sinning Christians (Or Sinless Perfection & Sin In Believers) July 27, 2017
- The First Open Air Outreach Campus Tour | Jesse Morrell Street Preaching July 27, 2017
- Why “Limited Atonement” is Heretical Doctrine & False Gospel by Jesse Morrell July 15, 2017
- How to Refute Calvinism! FREE BOOK! Objections to Calvinism As It Is Randolph S Foster | Arminian Methodist Theologian July 10, 2017
- Can You Answer This Question? July 6, 2017
- Proof that Open-Air Preaching is Changing Lives! Jesse Morrell Testimonies Video June 29, 2017
- Proof that Open Air Preaching is Changing the World! Jesse Morrell June 28, 2017
- May 2018 (2)
- April 2018 (5)
- March 2018 (6)
- February 2018 (5)
- January 2018 (3)
- December 2017 (10)
- November 2017 (4)
- October 2017 (2)
- September 2017 (1)
- August 2017 (4)
- July 2017 (6)
- June 2017 (5)
- May 2017 (4)
- April 2017 (10)
- March 2017 (4)
- February 2017 (4)
- January 2017 (4)
- December 2016 (10)
- November 2016 (14)
- October 2016 (9)
- September 2016 (9)
- August 2016 (12)
- July 2016 (6)
- June 2016 (7)
- April 2016 (2)
- March 2016 (5)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- November 2015 (1)
- October 2015 (2)
- September 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (14)
- April 2015 (6)
- March 2015 (15)
- February 2015 (14)
- January 2015 (7)
- December 2014 (6)
- November 2014 (6)
- October 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (5)
- June 2014 (12)
- May 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (6)
- February 2014 (3)
- January 2014 (5)
- December 2013 (5)
- November 2013 (2)
- October 2013 (4)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (103)
- July 2013 (5)
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (5)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (4)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (6)
- November 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (1)
- April 2011 (3)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)
- October 2010 (1)
- September 2010 (2)
- May 2010 (1)
- Follow Open Air Outreach Newsletters – Open Air Preaching Since 2002 on WordPress.com