This newsletter has no copy-right.
Feel free to share it by forwarding it on or by printing it off.
ATTACKS & ASSAULTS in ALASKA
A brother in Alaska recently used his air-miles from his business to bring my family and I up to Alaska. I once said on my Facebook that all it takes to bring me to your area is a plane ticket and couch to sleep on and he is one who took me up on it!
Alaska has proven itself to be a difficult mission field. We were plowing the field but sometimes it felt like the field was plowing us! Read below about the multiple assaults and attacks that took place.
The downtown Anchorage area is full of drugs and alcohol. There is a considerable homeless population in Alaska despite the freezing temperatures. There is one large park downtown called “Town Square Park” where a lot of the drug dealers and drug addicts hang out. Last year when I preached in the center of this park I was assaulted numerous times but held my own and preached the gospel anyways. This year I was hoping it might be tamer and it was. But we were still assaulted. Just not as much as last year.
Another brother named David Grisham recently moved to Alaska and he joined me for outreach. I stood up and preached on the soap box for about thirty minutes before I turned it over to brother David. He preached the gospel for maybe five minutes before a lesbian walked by and started heckling him. She was vicious and said she wanted to see violence.
I was filming but a homeless woman came up to me and said it was my fault that now this woman was heckling and causing a scene and she slapped me on the back of the head. Other people saw it so she said, “HE DESERVED THAT!”
Shortly after this a man walked up to David on the soap box and kicked him, somehow, in the chest! David was knocked off but what the attacker didn’t notice was that another man followed him from behind. When this other man saw David get attacked he ran up and punched the attacker in the back of the head and knocked him to the ground. Then he got on top of the attacker and started punched him repeatedly.
It wasn’t too long before everything settled down again and then David got back on the soap box without skipping a beat and kept preaching the gospel for another hour or so. The Police did arrive an hour later but both men who were involved were gone by then.
It is sad to see how men readily embrace sin which brings such destruction to their life and yet they resist so aggressively the gospel that can save their souls! Standing in that park surrounded by drug addicts and drunkards I was amazed at how sinners refuse to repent and continue in their rebellion against the moral government of God because they do not want Him ruling their lives but the result is that they are ruining their own lives.
Ever wonder what a man’s face looks like before he attacks you with a rod? No? Me neither. But I got to see it above.
There is another park in downtown Anchorage that we went to preach to another day. While the other park is full of the drug dealers and drug attacks (especially the inner city skate boarders), this park was full of older homeless drunk people (especially natives).
As I always do I preached on the new birth – how God can change and transform. “Jesus Christ can take a drunkard and make him sober! Jesus Christ can take sinners and make them saints!”
When I preached “One day you are all going to die and then you will stand before God and give an account for all of your life” one homeless drunkard in particular became very irritated and upset. He yelled, “SHUT UP!” I said, “No, I care about your soul!” He started walking over with his wooded cane, acting as though he intended to use it as a weapon. He said something to me like, “Do you know what it feels like to get hit with one of these?”
I continued to tell him that I was there preaching the way I am because I care about him. Nevertheless he swung his cane back and then swung it forward, landing it right on my calfs on the back of the legs. It stung and I was glad that he only swung it once. I was also glad that he hit me on the back of the legs and not on the front! It would have really hurt if he had hit my shins instead of my calfs. My leg was tender but not bruised.
I have been preaching open-air for 14 years but this was my first time getting a little beating with a rod. I thought, “Well, it’s biblical to be hit with a rod. Paul was.” Jesus said we are to rejoice and be exceedingly glad when we are persecuted. Paul said that we are to glory in our tribulations. The Apostles rejoiced that they were counted worthy to suffer for the name of Jesus. This was my attitude. And when Christians have such an attitude towards persecution, Christianity is unstoppable!
Brother David said, “Well, our attack ratio in this park is better than the other one. It’s 50 percent less than the other day.” I said, “Ha, that’s true. We were both assaulted the other day but only I was assaulted today.”
As our nation continues to turn its back on God and harden itself in its sin and impenitence, the persecution against Christians and against street preachers in particular will continue to increase. But no matter how much we suffer for the sake of the gospel it is worth it all because Christ is worthy and souls are valuable. Christ laid down His life for the sake of the salvation of souls and we should be willing to do the same!
Someone commented on my YouTube video of one of our assaults in Alaska and said:
PRAISE GOD! That is what it is all about! Everything that we endure for the sake of the gospel, for the glory of Christ and the salvation of souls is worth it all.
These are some of our latest YouTube videos for your enjoyment and edification:
SUPPORT THE MISSION &
|Visit Our Website: Click Here|
- 131,294 hits
Send Missionary Support
FREE FINNEY BOOK!
Shirts that Preach!
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book “Cleansing the Temple: A Call to Radical Christianity.”
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on Free Will & Human Nature
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on Human Nature
How to Open Air Preach!
How to Refute Atheism & Evolution – FREE BOOK
Beyond Augustine Church History Documentary DVD
Watch Open Air Preaching Videos
Watch Theology Teaching Videos
Subscribe to our Newsletters
Jesse Morrell’s Facebook
VISIT THE ONLINE BOOKSTORE
Click to Follow Jesse Morrell on Instagram!
- 5 Keys to Living a Holy & Sin-Free Life! Jesse Morrell Sermon April 22, 2017
- False Doctrine of Limited Atonement Biblically Refuted by Jesse Morrell April 21, 2017
- What is a “Lifestyle Entrepreneur?” Christian Entrepreneur Facebook Group April 20, 2017
- How Risky is Being an Entrepreneur? Christian Entrepreneur Facebook Group April 20, 2017
- Enter to Win A Free Christian T-Shirt! Jesse Morrell April 13, 2017
- Soul Winner’s Seminar | Jesse Morrell Topeka Kansas | April 29th April 12, 2017
- Men Are Not Born Sinners | Babies Are Innocent | Philly Sermon by Jesse Morrell April 8, 2017
- Does Man Inherit A Sinful Nature by Jesse Morrell | FREE E-BOOK April 8, 2017
- Snowflake Bill O’reilly Attacks Christian Free Speech on Campus | Safe Space Debate over Jed Smock April 8, 2017
- A Few Street Preachers Cause Big Uproar Downtown Philly | Jesse Morrell April 5, 2017
- American Street Preachers Tag Team the Philippines!! Jesse Morrell & Mitch Metzger | Documentary March 30, 2017
- Street Preaching T-Shirts! Jesse Morrell March 29, 2017
- Street Preachers Crash “PizzaGate” | Jesse Morrell March 23, 2017
- 13 Golden Tips for Open-Air Preaching | Tactics for Soul Winners | Jesse Morrell March 23, 2017
- Souls Are Being Saved Through Street Preaching! Jesse Morrell February 28, 2017
- What Happens when Men of God Crash the D.C. Women’s March? Jesse Morrell February 20, 2017
- How to Preach to Hundreds of Thousands in a Single Day! The Trump Inauguration | Jesse Morrell February 6, 2017
- White Privilege in America? Jesse Morrell February 4, 2017
- Trump Inauguration Riots | DC Street Preaching Mission Trip | Jesse Morrell January 16, 2017
- How to use the Law in Evangelism the BIBLICAL Way – The REAL Way of the Master | Jesse Morrell January 14, 2017
- Jesus Saves Through Street Preaching! Jesse Morrell Sermon | Topeka Kansas January 12, 2017
- 3 Important Lessons for Street Preaching | Jesse Morrell January 4, 2017
- The Secret of Success In The Ministry of Charles G. Finney by Gordon C. Olson December 30, 2016
- Why I Celebrate Christmas | Jesse Morrell on the Good Things about Christmas December 25, 2016
- Merry Christmas! Get My Book Free! December 24, 2016
- 3 Life Changing Video Teachings! Jesse Morrell December 22, 2016
- 35% OFF OUR CLASSIC CHRISTIAN BOOKS! December 22, 2016
- I Hate The Doctrine of “Justification In Sin” or “Simul Justus Et Peccator” December 19, 2016
- Submit Your Street Preaching Stories for The Street Preacher Manual December 19, 2016
- Assaulted in Hawaii While Preaching | Jesse Morrell Ministry Report December 15, 2016
- New Video: Science Proves Free Will | Neuroplasticity & Epigenetics | Jesse Morrell December 8, 2016
- Refuting Atheists: “Talking Animals is FairyTales” | Christian Apologetics with Jesse Morrell December 6, 2016
- How To Refute Atheism & Evolution | FREE BOOK | by Jesse Morrell November 29, 2016
- 40% Off Classic Christian Books TODAY ONLY November 28, 2016
- I Need Your Help Writing a Book – The Street Preacher Manual! Jesse Morrell November 26, 2016
- Y.i.Street Preach | A Short Film by Jesse Morrell | Street Preaching Documentary November 23, 2016
- Debating “Saved By Grace” in the Open Air | Jesse Morrell Street Preacher November 21, 2016
- Motivational Posters for Street Preachers! Jesse Morrell Store November 18, 2016
- Powerful Hawaii Street Preaching! With Jesse Morrell | NIGHTLIFE | Hawaii Needs Jesus THE MOVIE November 15, 2016
- Election Day Thoughts: Hillary Aligns Herself with Satanists November 8, 2016
- Clinton’s Campaign says “Middle Finger to the Lord” | Hillary and Satanists like Jay Z & Beyonce November 8, 2016
- America’s Greatest Threat is God Himself | Jesse Morrell Open Air Preaching University of Hawaii November 7, 2016
- Skeleton Raped | Necrophilia @ University of Hawaii | Open Air Preaching with Jesse Morrell November 5, 2016
- Whorishness Kills People | Jesse Morrell Open Air Preaching November 3, 2016
- PROVE Your Salvation by Your WORKS! Jesse Morrell Open Air Preaching University of Hawaii November 2, 2016
- Compromised “Christians” vs Open Air Preacher Jesse Morrell University of Hawaii November 1, 2016
- Jesse Morrell Interviews a Puppet Street Preacher in Hawaii! October 31, 2016
- Violent Attack Against Preacher @ University of Hawaii | Jesse Morrell Open Air Preaching October 29, 2016
- How to Use Internet Marketing & Social Media for your Ministry | Advice for Street Preachers October 28, 2016
- Hell Fire Preacher Shakes Up the University of Hawaii Maui | Jesse Morrell Open Air Preaching October 24, 2016
- April 2017 (10)
- March 2017 (4)
- February 2017 (4)
- January 2017 (4)
- December 2016 (10)
- November 2016 (14)
- October 2016 (9)
- September 2016 (9)
- August 2016 (12)
- July 2016 (6)
- June 2016 (7)
- April 2016 (2)
- March 2016 (5)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- November 2015 (1)
- October 2015 (2)
- September 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (14)
- April 2015 (6)
- March 2015 (15)
- February 2015 (14)
- January 2015 (7)
- December 2014 (6)
- November 2014 (6)
- October 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (5)
- June 2014 (12)
- May 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (6)
- February 2014 (3)
- January 2014 (5)
- December 2013 (5)
- November 2013 (2)
- October 2013 (4)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (103)
- July 2013 (5)
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (5)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (4)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (6)
- November 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (1)
- April 2011 (3)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)
- October 2010 (1)
- September 2010 (2)
- May 2010 (1)
- Follow Open Air Outreach Newsletters – Open Air Preaching Since 2002 on WordPress.com