This newsletter has no copy-right.
Feel free to share it by forwarding it on or by printing it off.
WEST END, DALLAS TX
The West End of Dallas is one of the few places in Dallas that has a lot of foot traffic. There are not many places in the city that are really good for open air ministry. The West End has this very busy bus/train area. The only problem with this area is that it is technically private property owned by a company named Dart.
For the past ten years I have had to battle with the Police over my right to preach around this area. Even when I am definitely on the city property, the Police have still hassled me as if I were on private. So to avoid that hassle during this outreach, we rented a parking spot right next to the busy area and I preached from the trunk of my car! And praise God, we had no Police problems!
Since this area has people waiting for the train or coming off the train, there are crowds to preach to even if they do not gather right in front of you. On average it seems like people wait for the train 10-20 minutes. That gave us plenty of time to present the message of the gospel to them while they waited!
Two women walked by holding hands and I suspected that they were lesbians. I said to them, “You are not what I think you are, are you?” They said, “Yes we are! We are lesbians!” I was able to engage the more masculine one for a while. She was very emotional and upset but I lovingly and boldly told her the truth, called her to repentance and told her I know a man who can set her straight – Jesus Christ!
Throughout the outreach we had small groups or individuals gather to listen and ask us questions. One thing nice about preaching from the parking lot is that there is a fence that keeps the crowd back. Now, we did not have big crowds at this location like we do on campuses, but it was still good to have a barrier that kept the crowd back. That way, our dialog can be public in the open air for all to hear. Otherwise, if they came too close, it could quickly turn into a one on one and the benefit of everyone else walking by can be lost.
There was one man in particular who walked by when I was preaching against “gangster rap” and its sinful influence in people’s lives and the inner city. Since he was attentive to my preaching I asked him, “Do you listen to gangster rap?” I have found that most of the time you have to initiate a dialog with people in the open air in order to interact with them. He began to talk with me but then got a phone call. After his call was done, I was no longer preaching but he came up to me on the sidelines. We talked for a while and it was obvious that he was under very heavy conviction. He knew the way he was living was wrong. He did not argue or debate with me as I presented the gospel. I told him that Christ died for him and that God will forgive him if he repents. He seemed by his demeanor that he might be ready to give his life to the Lord but when I pressed him to repent, he ultimately was unwilling. He was convicted but not willing to be converted. He wouldn’t tell me specifically what it was that was holding him back but it was obvious some type of sin. Our preaching no doubt got him thinking and planted a seed that may come to fruition later in his life.
My friend Chris also joined me with his wife, son and two daughters. His son worked the camera while his wife and daughters passed out tracts. Chris and I took turns preaching. He did a great job preaching the gospel and by the end of the day had captured the attention of a very nice small crowd that listened to him without heckling.
HOMOSEXUAL PRIDE PARADE, HOUSTON TX
A few brothers and I went out to the Gay Pride Parade in Houston and when we first arrived we saw that there were some other brothers already out there preaching. They had a barricade around them all set up. None of us knew who they were but they had signs like ours so we thought we might introduce ourselves. When we walked up to them, they already knew who I was. They said that they watch my YouTube videos and invited us to join them. We preached together and it was great!
We preached at a very busy crosswalk that had tons of people coming and going. And since it was a crosswalk, crowds had to stop and wait for the light to change before they could walk. This gave us plenty of time to plant the seeds of the gospel. Our message was one of sin, judgment, atonement, repentance, forgiveness, mercy, etc.
One man asked me, “Why did you come to this parade to preach?” I said, “Well, I preach to drunks outside of bars and I preach to perverts outside of strip clubs. I don’t want to discriminate. So I also need to preach to homosexuals at their parades. I believe in providing equality of service as a street preacher.” After all, homosexuals are known for suing Christians if they discriminate and do not provide equal service. So as a street preacher I better rebuke homosexuals also or else I might find myself in a discrimination lawsuit. 🙂
What was nice was that the barricaded area was big enough that we could have a preacher on each end of it. That way, we really had two different open air meetings going on at the same time. We were able to reach more people that way. The people engaged us by listening, asking questions and heckling. The barricade was nice in that it kept the crowd back. Without it, I suspect that it would have been a very unruly crowd.
One thing I noticed about this Sodomite Parade was that it was attended mostly by young people. At other Homosexual Parades that I have been to, there are usually attended by older people. But this parade was unique in that most of the attendance were young. This shows how effective the homosexual movement has been at brainwashing the minds of the youth. No wonder places like Russia have outlawed Gay Pride Parades to protect the minds of their young people. I suspected that many of these young people were university students and definitely public schoolers, of course. Those seem to be the primary places liberals and demons have used to brainwash our culture and make them think that right is wrong and wrong is right. These kids thought that homosexuals were right for their perversions and that we were wrong for rebuking them. The mind of our society has become very reprobate.
WEST END, DALLAS TX
During the summer time the campuses are out of session and so I focus a lot more on street preaching. We went back to the West End of Dallas to preach some more and had some great interactions with the people. Many people stopped to listen to us and ask us questions. We were able to present the gospel of Jesus Christ and call sinners to repentance.
A local pastor that watches my YouTube videos and was friends with me on Facebook saw that we were doing outreaches in the West End and asked to join us. He said he came out to watch and learn how to do it. His church does open air services but he said he wanted to do more direct confrontational open air meetings like we do. After he watched for a couple hours I encouraged him to get up on the box and do some preaching. He did and he did a great job! I wish more church leaders would hit the streets!
GRASSY KNOLL, DALLAS TX
Another location in Dallas that is good for open air meetings is the JFK Grassy Knoll area. Every weekend tourists from all over the world come to see the spot where JFK was assassinated. This provides street preachers like me an opportunity to have an international ministry!
I used the topic of JFK as a springboard into the gospel. I preached about how JFK died and one day, we are all going to die and need to be ready for it. I preached about how Jesus Christ died for us and He conquered death and rose from the dead! I said that if they are going to study and think about the death of JFK, how much more should they study and think about the death of Jesus Christ. And if they are tourists who are visiting, they have Bibles in their hotel rooms!
The local pastor who joined me on previous outreaches also joined me on this outreach and he brought out some more brothers with him. He said that this is a location he plans on coming to regularly for open air meetings.
SUMMER PROJECT, WINNIPEG CANADA
Right now I am in Winnipeg Canada visiting my wife’s family before we do an open air tour of the North. While I am here, my primary focus is to work on my book “The Vicarious Atonement of Christ.” This is a thorough defense of the governmental substitution view of the atonement and it critiques the penal substitution view. It is a big project but I hope to be done with it sooner than later as I diligently work on it.
Here is a short sneak peak into some of the research I have done for this book:
John Calvin said, “It was requisite, that he should feel the severity of the divine vengeance, in order to appease the wrath of God.” Calvin taught that the purpose of Christ is “to make the Father favourable and merciful to us, ” to “make Him favorable and well-disposed towards us,” or to “render the Father favourable and propitious to us.”
Dr Watts said:
But the great son proposed his blood,
Well, the redeemer’s gone
Once ‘twas a seat of dreadful wrath,
Rich were the drops of Jesus’ blood,
The French poem “Minuit, chrétiens” (Midnight, Christians) by Placide Cappeau:
“Midnight, Christians, it is the solemn hour,
Was the atonement designed to appease the Father’s wrath and make the Father merciful, well disposed, and favorable towards us? Was the atonement designed to turn His wrath into grace?
William Booth said, “The Atonement was not necessary to create compassion in the bosom of God for sin stricken man; it was the compassion of God that generated the Atonement. The Sacrifice on the Cross was not offered to appease the angry wrath of the Father; it was in the compassionate bosom of the Father that the sacrifice of the Cross was born. Christ’s sacrifice was devised to maintain the dignity of the Law man had broken, and at the same time to rescue man from the penalty he had incurred. So far, therefore, from the Atonement being a reflection on the justice and benevolence of God, it is perhaps the greatest evidence we possess both of His unswerving justice and of His boundless love.”
Catherine Booth wrote, “His sacrifice is never represented in the Bible as having purchased or begotten the love of the Father, but only as having opened up a channel through which the love could flow out to His rebellious and prodigal children. The doctrine of the New Testament on this point is not that ‘God so hated the world that His own Son was compelled to die in order to appease His vengeance,’ as we fear has been too often represented, but that ‘God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son.”
Winkie Pratney said, “Some people think God was angry with the wicked but the cross took the anger away. See that’s like God was really ticked; ‘I’m gonna kill. I’m gonna kill somebody. I am gonna kill them dead.’ Jesus said, ‘Dad, Calm down. Kill me.’ That is horrible. That’s an awful picture… That is the exact opposite of what the Bible God is like, but that is the picture that people have of God.”
Gordon Olson said, “A voluntary disposition of mercy and forgiveness prevails equally among all the members of the Godhead. God is not hateful, bitter, or vindictive. He is willing to forgive, but sin problems are never just personal. While He might willingly forgo an exact payment for sin to satisfy personal offence in retributive justice, His rulership requirements and holy character still mandate He publicly satisfy justice and all problems of a full and free reconciliation.”
Gordon Olson said, ““No appeasement of Divine wrath is necessary as a prelude to mercy; no vindictive reactions need to be satisfied; no inner antagonism needs to be subdued; no unwillingness must be overcome; no payment in the absolute sense need be made for every sin that is to be passed over. The problems of forgiveness do not relate to God considered as an isolated Being, but to God in relationship to His moral creatures as a Moral Governor. The problems are not personal, but governmental. Nothing is needed to change the disposition of any Member of the Godhead, for an overwhelming surplus of compassion and mercy prevails in one blessed accumulation of Divine love, which is distinctly heavenly and seeks to make its intrusion into earth’s atmosphere of moral darkness. An atonement, then, is not needed to satisfy retributive justice. God proposes to forgive sin “freely by his grace,” in view of atoning measures and other conditions that will make this exercise right and proper. God abounds in compassion and only needs protective measures to safeguard its release. God has completely subdued and exercises complete control over His righteous wrath, until governmental expediency makes it atrocious not to manifest it. Love for righteousness and justice is the trigger that unlooses accumulated wrath upon those whom God has been unsuccessful in His various efforts to win to happy submission to His loving will.”
2014 FALL TOUR USA
This is our open air ministry itinerary for this fall. Please feel free to join us at any of these locations if you can.
Winnipeg, Canada Sept 3rd
Minneapolis, MN Sept 4th – 9th
Madison WI, Sept. 9th – 11th
Shipshewanna IN Sept 12th – 13th
Cincinnati Ohio Sept. 14th – 20th
Kalamazoo MI Sept. 20th – 27th
Johnson City TN Sept 27th – Oct. 3rd.
Also, October 6th I’ll be in Monroe LA for a free speech lawsuit we have against Shreveport. After that, I plan on flying to Portland, Oregon to teach a small Evangelism Seminar and preach on the campus. And after that a trip to Spokane, Washington is being planned.
Once all of these outreaches are done, I will be home in East Texas and will focus on more local outreaches and trips. If you would like me to come and preach in your area, all I need is a plane ticket!
AMERICA IS DOOMED WITHOUT JESUS!
THE WRATH OF GOD & THE ATONEMENT OF CHRIST
THE HEART OF GOD IN CREATION, THE FALL, REDEMPTION AND GREAT COMMISSION
SALVATION BY GRACE IS NOT A LICENSE TO SIN
THE REVIVAL LEGACY OF CHARLES FINNEY: HOW FINNEY INFLUENCED THE BOOTHS, GOFORTH AND SPURGEON
LEONARD RAVENHILL ON STREET PREACHING
WITH JESSE MORRELL & OTHERS
SHOCK & AWE PREACHER @ FIU MIAMI
TODD FRIEL INTERVIEWS JESSE MORRELL ON THE RADIO
JESSE MORRELL @ LIBERTY UNIVERSITY:
UNDERSTANDING OPEN AIR PREACHING
EFFEMINATE EVANGELISM & THE TEDDY BEAR GOSPEL
HOW TO OPEN AIR PREACH: POINTERS & TIPS
STREET PREACHING ON THE TRUNK OF MY CAR
STREET PREACHING @ GAY PRIDE PARADE
OLD FASHION SOAP BOX PREACHING
GRASSY KNOLL STREET PREACHERS
WHY STREET PREACHING SIGNS ARE AWESOME & WHERE TO GET THEM
I am very excited about republishing this book! “Who Will Rise Up” by Brother Jed Smock is one of the greatest books on evangelism that I have ever read. It greatly inspired me when my ministry was first starting out and continues to inspire me today. It’s educational, encouraging and entertaining. This will be a book that I will continue to read often until the end of my life. – Jesse Morrell
Purchase a copy here: https://biblicaltruthresources.wordpress.com/books/theology-books/
JOIN THE STREET PREACHER MOVEMENT TODAY!
The Lord is raising up many laborers to take the gospel to the streets! The Street Preacher Movement now has 1,544 members and continues to grow daily! Join the movement today!
HOW YOU CAN HELP SUPPORT THE MORRELL FAMILY
The Morrell Family is a missionary family. The financial support we receive from the body of Christ makes it possible for us to continue to live, travel, and preach the gospel full time.
Will you consider being a monthly supporter, giving as little or as much as you can? All personal gifts from $5 – $500, either monthly or one-time, makes a huge difference.
Paypal: Click Here
Jesse & Krista Morrell
P.O. Box 1527
Lindale TX, 75771
Special thanks in advance to our supporters. THE BATTLE IS ON! We couldn’t do it without you!
|Visit Our Website: Click Here|
- 215,927 hits
Send Missionary Support
FREE FINNEY BOOK!
Shirts that Preach!
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book “Cleansing the Temple: A Call to Radical Christianity.”
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on Free Will & Human Nature
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on Human Nature
Get Jesse Morrell’s Book on The Emotions of God
How to Open Air Preach!
How to Refute Atheism & Evolution – FREE BOOK
Beyond Augustine Church History Documentary DVD
Watch Open Air Preaching Videos
Watch Theology Teaching Videos
Subscribe to our Newsletters
Jesse Morrell’s Facebook
VISIT THE ONLINE BOOKSTORE
- @R_H_Ebright This means Dr Fauci and Peter Daszak can’t blame the wet market anymore as their cover story. 15 hours ago
- Mail in ballets is the easiest for voter fraud. Twitter is worried Trump is speaking out because they want the demo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @realDonaldTrump Mail in ballets is the easiest for voter fraud. Twitter is worried Trump is speaking out because t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- China is building an army of bio labs across China. This isn’t about pandemic prevention. They are preparing for wa… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @realDonaldTrump The same censoring and controlling of the narrative the Communists started in Wuhan has carried ov… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Dr. Fauci Must Have Known Chloroquine was Effective against SARS-CoV in 2004 May 3, 2020
- Dr. Fauci Funded the Wuhan Lab When it was BANNED to Fund Gain of Function Research | A Brief Timeline of the Wuhan Lab Dr. Fauci Funded for Coronavirus Experiments April 29, 2020
- The Independent (U.K. Newspaper) asks Jesse Morrell Questions about Covid 19, Wuhan Labs, and Bill Gates April 15, 2020
- Facts or Theory: Covid19, Wuhan Labs, & the Bill Gates Connection… April 9, 2020
- The Death Toll of a Global Depression by Jesse Morrell March 27, 2020
- The 2020 National Street Preachers Conference | Dallas Fort Worth January 20, 2020
- A Thank You to our Supporters from the Morrell Family! December 4, 2019
- The Schedule for the Revival Theology Conference! October 3, 2019
- “The Secret of Success in the Ministry of Charles G. Finney” by Gordon C. Olson September 16, 2019
- Why doesn’t God Stop Evil if He is all Powerful and All Good? Christian Apologetics with Jesse Morrell August 13, 2019
- Announcing the 2019 Revival Theology Conference! Lindale TX! August 2, 2019
- Free Christian Book by Jesse Morrell – Cleansing the Temple: A Call to Radical Christianity July 27, 2019
- What was Human Nature Designed For? Jesse Morrell Explains June 20, 2019
- Rebuking Heretic Pastor of Gnostic Cult Emilio Ramos | Reformed Calvinist Exposed | Jesse Morrell Refutes Heresy April 16, 2019
- Jesse Morrell Blocked on Facebook for Love-Speech they called Hate Speech April 4, 2019
- Location & Schedule for The 2019 National Street Preachers Conference April 4, 2019
- A Powerful Exhortation to Soul Winning by Jesse Morrell at the National Street Preachers Conference in Texas February 26, 2019
- Is Street Preaching Effective? by Jesse Morrell February 26, 2019
- Evangelism Training: How to Draw a Crowd Open-Air Preaching February 26, 2019
- The Psychology of Soul Winning By Jesse Morrell February 26, 2019
- Ticketed by Police in Canada for Street Preaching! February 19, 2019
- How to Convict Sinners & Convert them to Christ! Free Street Preacher Training! January 30, 2019
- Hawaii: Paradise on its way to Hell January 29, 2019
- Looking for a 2019 Tax Break? Check out this Great Ministry Report! January 29, 2019
- Bible Study: Can You Forfeit Your Salvation? Penitentiary Hollow January 29, 2019
- How to Weaken Temptation & Live Holy for Jesus! January 24, 2019
- Free Online School of Evangelism! December 31, 2018
- Church History Documentary| The Free Will Debate | Augustine vs. Pelagius | Gnostics vs Early Church December 27, 2018
- The Story of a Street Preacher | Open Air Preaching Documentary Movie Films December 26, 2018
- I know the Cure for Cancer! And it’s FREE! December 14, 2018
- Question: Why did God Create the Devil? December 6, 2018
- FREE Library of Christian Books! October 26, 2018
- Response to the Critics: Does Street Preaching Really Work? Where is the Fruit? Where are the Salvations? October 19, 2018
- A News Helicopter Covered the National Street Preachers Conference! October 11, 2018
- Princeton University vs. Street Preacher | Police Showed Up | Jesse Morrell October 5, 2018
- Help Make A Difference by Giving $7 A Month | Missionary Support October 3, 2018
- 3 Free Christian Theology Books by Jesse Morrell | FREE CHRISTIAN EBOOKS September 26, 2018
- Do You Have to Repent of Your Sins to Be Saved? Is Repentance Necessary for Salvation? Heresy of Matt Slick September 21, 2018
- How to live the Happy Blessed Christian Life! Be Holy! Jesse Morrell September 19, 2018
- We Need a Move of the Holy Spirit to Bring Deep Conviction of Sin | Jesse Morrell September 7, 2018
- The Heresy of Pastor Steven Anderson Exposed – Beware of Wolves in Sheep’s Clothing! Jesse Morrell Refutes A Heretic September 5, 2018
- Look What Marijuana Actually Does to the Brain! Alaska Outreach Report August 23, 2018
- How to Respond to Police Who Say Street Preaching is Disturbing the Peace August 5, 2018
- Anime North Goes CRAZY over Street Preachers in Toronto 2018 (Like Comic Con) July 15, 2018
- Communist Students Blast Horns to Stop Street Preacher Jesse Morrell July 12, 2018
- (This Made Me Cry) The Salvation Testimony of Duncan Campbell – Hebrides Revivalist July 10, 2018
- Will You Pray for These People Please? July 8, 2018
- Help Us Reach the Nightlife With the Gospel! May 18, 2018
- Is it the Holy Spirit’s Job to Convict of Sin or the Preachers Job? Biblically it is BOTH! May 9, 2018
- Response to Greg Stier with Dare 2 Share by Jesse Morrell of Open Air Outreach April 16, 2018
- May 2020 (1)
- April 2020 (3)
- March 2020 (1)
- January 2020 (1)
- December 2019 (1)
- October 2019 (1)
- September 2019 (1)
- August 2019 (2)
- July 2019 (1)
- June 2019 (1)
- April 2019 (3)
- February 2019 (5)
- January 2019 (5)
- December 2018 (5)
- October 2018 (5)
- September 2018 (5)
- August 2018 (2)
- July 2018 (4)
- May 2018 (2)
- April 2018 (5)
- March 2018 (6)
- February 2018 (5)
- January 2018 (3)
- December 2017 (10)
- November 2017 (4)
- October 2017 (2)
- September 2017 (1)
- August 2017 (4)
- July 2017 (6)
- June 2017 (5)
- May 2017 (4)
- April 2017 (10)
- March 2017 (4)
- February 2017 (4)
- January 2017 (4)
- December 2016 (10)
- November 2016 (14)
- October 2016 (9)
- September 2016 (9)
- August 2016 (12)
- July 2016 (6)
- June 2016 (7)
- April 2016 (2)
- March 2016 (5)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- November 2015 (1)
- October 2015 (2)
- September 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (14)
- April 2015 (6)
- March 2015 (15)
- February 2015 (14)
- January 2015 (7)
- December 2014 (6)
- November 2014 (6)
- October 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (5)
- June 2014 (12)
- May 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (6)
- February 2014 (3)
- January 2014 (5)
- December 2013 (5)
- November 2013 (2)
- October 2013 (4)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (103)
- July 2013 (5)
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (5)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (4)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (6)
- November 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (1)
- April 2011 (3)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)
- October 2010 (1)
- September 2010 (2)
- May 2010 (1)
- Follow Open Air Outreach Newsletters – Open Air Preaching Since 2002 on WordPress.com